Wednesday 11 September 2013

Better left unsaid!

Last week I had the misfortune to keep hearing phrases or comments that just did not make sense, but all the same they gave me a chuckle.

I collected four of my favourites, but it was only yesterday that I was able to add a fifth to give you my top five phrases that were better left unsaid:

  1. I saw it with my own eyesWell as far as I'm aware it's quite difficult to see with someone else's eyes - well at least without a fair amount of surgery!
  2. We're only humanInteresting that this can often be used as an excuse. Now if we were more robotic there would of course be no excuses necessary!!
  3. In my mind I'm seeing...
    Curious concept, where else would you see? Perhaps this would be better revised to just 'I'm envisaging...' or 'I'd like to see it this way...' I rarely hear phrases such as 'In my mouth I'm tasting...' or 'In my nose I'm smelling...'!!!
  4. Keep breathing
    Now this was in the gym and it is fair to say that on the odd occasion I personally find it useful to be reminded. However I would like to think the reminder would be better served via my lungs and that it would come long before I really needed reminding!!!!
  5. The same but differentAnother gym phrase. How does this work? If it is the same, it is the same; if it's different than in no way shape or form can it be the same....? Surely??!!!!! Hey I'm not complaining, just observing!
Have you got any obsure phrases you've come across in day to day life that just don't really make that much real sense...?

I'll be keeping 'my ears peeled' (yeuk!) for more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment